Frost & Sullivan hosted the second live Economic Development Innovation (EDI) Council Conference in conjunction with the Manufacturing Leadership (ML) Summit on June 2nd, 2015.
The congregation witnessed a vibrant audience from economic development organizations and corporates across the globe, which convened to deliberate on key global challenges and critical issues revolving around "Smart Development through Manufacturing and Attracting Investments".
Key highlights of the EDI Council Conference included:
- Notable presentations and case studies by dignitaries from economic development organizations such as ProMexico, Mexico and the Ministry of Economy, Portugal – highlighting their success in augmenting smart manufacturing solutions in Mexico and Portugal respectively.
- For the first time a joint mindshare session between the EDI council and the Manufacturing Leadership council on how Manufacturing 4.0 has been shaping the global economy through disruptions and unique best practices.
- An interactive workshop moderated by Art Robbins, Frost & Sullivan's Senior Partner, to brainstorm on key ideas and viewpoints that could improve the manufacturing ecosystem on a global scale.
Some of the distinguished attendees of the 2015 EDI Council Conference included:
- Allan Rae, Executive Director Office of the Chairman, American Axel & Manufacturing
- Dr. Dean L. Bartles, Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute
- Dr. Jay Lee, University of Cincinnati
- Dr. Zuhlke, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
- Jeff Lynn, Executive Director, Workforce Development Programs, Lousiana Economic Development Board
- Juan Carlos Briseño Merino, Trade & Investment Commissioner, ProMexico
- Mr. Brad Heath, VirTex Enterprises
- Nuno Mathias, Consulate General, Ministry of Economy, Portugal
- Thomas E. Gibson, Allied Mineral Products, Inc.
The council will reconvene at Frost & Sullivan's flagship event, the Growth Innovation Leadership (GIL), in Silicon Valley, California, the United States, from the 16th to 18th September, 2015.
Juan Carlos Briseño Merino, Trade & Investment Commissioner, ProMexico, with Art Robbins, Senior Partner, Frost & Sullivan
Brad Heath, CEO, VirTex Enterprises
Nuno Mathias, Consulate General, Ministry of Economy, Portugal
Thomas Gibson. Senior Vice President , Strategy and Development at Allied Mineral Products, with Michael Pernici, Director, Business Development, Lousiana Economic Development Board
Allan Rae, Execuitive Director Office of the Chairman, American Axle & Manufacturing
Michael Pernici, Director, Business Development, Lousiana Economic Development Board