Universities and business schools face numerous challenges to maintain their competitive advantage, given dynamic economic and business conditions. Many educational institutions struggle with budget cuts, new revenue source identification, maintenance and procurement of high quality students, and successful student-to-career services departments.
It is a fact that the state of education is evolving at a rapid pace, with the influx of new technologies, new revenue models, medium of instruction and the adoption of information technology, all of which require universities to have a clear plan to adapt to, and harness, the opportunities these changes bring, while mitigating the disruption change often brings to the table.
Uncertainty and disruption are hallmarks of today's global dynamic economy, making it increasingly difficult for business school graduates to adequately prepare for and obtain meaningful positions in the corporate world. Graduates must not only demonstrate competence and business acument to convince employers of their value, but they must also convey a nuanced understanding and ability to respond to current and future business challenges and opportunities. As Cambridge University Chancellor, Alison Richard, once said, "Universities play a key role in giving students the skills that make them suitable for the workforce."
We are a global research and consulting organization uniquely positioned to identify growth opportunities and empower our clients to create visionary growth strategies.
With presence in more than 30 countries and coverage from 1,800 industry experts, the University Partnership offers access to the latest research to support education, economic development and technology commercialization. We track 10 major market sectors and publish close to 2,000 research studies annually.
Who should use market & technology research in a university?
- Business Librarians - To produce high quality research and projects, student and faculty users need regular access to relevant and accurate information. Research subscriptions can provide a wide selection of current data across various industry sectors, geographies and technologies. We expose users to new business models, best practices and Mega Trends. Librarians can effectively support patrons on complex reference questions with access to a subscription.
- Business & Engineering School Faculty - University faculty strive to prepare their students for a career in a challenging economy. Real-time industry research offers a great platform for faculty to expose students to market scenarios while still at school. It also supports faculty’s own research efforts and enhances classroom materials.
- Office of Research & Technology Commercialization - Technology offices, small business development and entrepreneurship centers are the backbone of an university's economic development. These groups protect and license technological innovations. We understand these groups need the same research as private sector companies to compete on a level platform. Information such as market share, drivers, challenges, competing patents and regulatory affairs are critical for successful startup companies and licensing.
- University administrators and policy makers - Market research provides important information for strategic, long- term decision-making like identifying and targeting the future student community. Also, research supports designing of educational programs, degrees and skills that ensure student success in the market place. Similar to corporates, universities are also facing disruptions and challenges to their business models. Creating an environment that promotes entrepreneurship and innovation helps attract high quality students and faculty.
Frost & Sullivan's University Partnership Program enhances your methods of preparing students for
today's complex and competitive business climate. It provides you with disciplined research and
functional best practices that enhance the curriculum; the University is already providing its students.
Our unique 360-degree research methodology, global industry coverage—with particular emphasis on emerging markets, disruptive technologies and impactful mega trends, and best practice case studies can help universities:
- stimulate and inspire students
- provide well-rounded perspectives on potential growth strategies
- understand and apply global best practices
- overcome lag between business and academic world by providing up-to-date, real-world business information
Frost & Sullivan employs more than 1,800 analysts, strategists, and consultants globally and
maintains a presence on more than 80 countries. Through the University Partnership Program, we
share these resources with your faculty and students, and they will share your commitment to
enhancing your curriculum and preparing your students to enter a highly competitive business
Frost & Sullivan's University Partnership program is a highly interactive partnership with your university, allowing professors and students to discuss, share, contribute and collaborate with Frost & Sullivan research staff.
Frost & Sullivan's University Partnership Program is a one-stop solution that grants partners access to:
- Real-time industry research and direct access to reseach experts
- Continuous business best practices exhibited by profiled current leading companies
- Timely and relevant case studies, business plans and projects
- Unique Visionary Innovation Group research, perspectives and analysis of mega trends, emerging disruptive economical and technological trends
Our University Partnership program helps universities and business schools:
Prepare industry-ready students for "the real world" in terms of
- marketplace familiarity and the ability to convert theoretical knowledge into implementable strategies
- achieving post-graduate success by providing sophisticated, comprehensive perspectives on potential growth strategies
Such preparation helps strengthen the university's overall visibility and ranking, improving future enrollments, while also promoting student entrepreneurship and an innovation culture. In addition, this program can help shorten time-to-press for faculty publications, promote more industry-academic interaction and cooperation and accelerate and resist revenue-generating commercialization of technologies.
Please contact us for a complimentary trial and demo to our research and user-friendly client portal.